Wednesday 15 March 2017

II/28c Armenia 245 - 627 AD

Adding the Early Byzantine to the collection, primarily as opponents for my Sassanid, I began looking at other armies to collect and Armenia of the same period surfaced to the top. I must confess I know very little about Armenia of this sub-list other than it seemed its presence worked as a magnet to pull the major players (Byzantine & Sassanid) and a number of minor ones (Iberia, Albania, Arabs and Huns) into conflict.


Map: Atlas of Armenia (Wiki)

After several weeks of scouring the Internet I decided to bring order to all the loose pieces of information and construct a timeline. What I found is a treasure trove of political events which sparked military episodes begging to be made into historical scenarios.

The timeline is long and therefore will be presented in two parts. A third part describing some of the major battles might prove useful; however, this might change to a series of historical battles such as I have done earlier for the Migration to Kingdom project.


Timeline Armenia – part 1 (tomorrow). 

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff - thanks for doing this. Timelines are great tools, and it's good of you to post the fruits of your research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caliban,

    Thanks for the kind word.

    Cheers,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete